SWAP YOUR TEAS and you’ll reduce the amount of accumulated plastic in your body.
Plastic in tea bags?! STILL?!?
billions of micro and nano particles PER CUP!
Q: Why focus on swapping tea bags when many foods have plastic particles?
A: “…particles released from the teabag are several orders of magnitude higher than plastic loads previously reported in other foods”(1)
Tea drinkers are exposed multiple times throughout the day.
Plus the SIMPLE Self Care Swap has mega benefit to your entire body.
Plastic in tea bags?! Unfortunately yes.
In September 2019, researchers at McGill University found that a single one of these tea bags releases more than 11 billion microplastic and 3 billion nanoplastic particles when steeped in boiling water. (2) (bold and color added)
These billions of micro and nano-plastic particles are entering your body with each cup of tea.
It is known the micro and nano particles are causing damage to the human body. (5) (6) (7) (8)
When the market won’t keep us safe then it’s up to us to protect ourselves and our family.
Moving to PLASTIC ‘FREE’ TEA is an amazingly SIMPLE Self Care swap that’ll provide HUGE cumulative benefits for your body.
Below I’ve listed for you:
👉🏼 ‘Plastic FREE’ tea bag links.
👉🏼 Links to Loose tea. The SIMPLEST, most economical self care swap when it comes to getting rid of plastic.
👉🏼 A video snippet of how a tea bag is made and of course
👉🏼 Resources for those who want to dig deeper.
👇🏼 Links to Plastic ‘FREE’ tea bags.
Tea bags are convenient. Especially:
- to keep in your pocket/purse/car
- at the office
- while out and about
- for travel
Here’s a photo of what’s on my shelf: multiple ORGANIC options of 🔗 Buddha Teas.
I order directly from their site because it is definitely more economical than what I’ve found on the ‘big online companies’.
🔗 Below are 5 tea brands with Plastic FREE tea bags.
I wrote to many brands. These 5 responded confirming their bags are:
- Plastic Free,
- Gluten Free, &
- Corn Free as well.
I personally use the top 2 on the list and have for years.
There are plenty of others that are plastic free like Good Earth, Teapigs, T2 Tea but their tea bags contain corn/corn starch which doesn’t happen to work for my family.
💛 If you would share and post especially to Simplify Self Care FB page (I still don’t have access) it would be much appreciated 💛
👇🏼 Links to loose tea.
Loose tea can be the SIMPLEST, most economical self care swap.
Organic loose tea is much more:
- Palatable- you control the strength by the amount of tea leaves you use.
- FUN!! You can mix leaves making your own signature drink!
I use the organic teas that I’ve linked below for you.
Using loose tea eliminates the plastic from the tea bags altogether.
You can find a plethora of excellent organic brands these days. Which and what is in the loose tea is another excellent topic I will follow up on.
For today here are the one’s I use.
Email me your favorites and I will add them! 💌 email@example.com
SWAP YOUR TEAS and you’ll be making a SIMPLE Self Care Swap that brings you exponential results!
It’s that Simple!
Please share with everyone you know. This is a big deal.💛
Today’s Simple Self Care tip that fits into our busy lives:
Swap tea bags for Plastic FREE bags and loose tea options.
The Simple Self Care SWAP is efficient, effective and will exponentially, positively impact ALL your body systems.
👉🏼 Video snippet of how tea bags are made.
BBC shows how typical tea bags are made.
👉🏼 Linked resources for those who want to dig deeper.
1. Qingrun Liu, Zhe Chen, Yulun Chen, Fangwei Yang, Weirong Yao, Yunfei Xie. Microplastics and Nanoplastics: Emerging Contaminants in Food. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2021, 69 (36) , 10450-10468. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jafc.1c04199
2. Laura M. Hernandez, Elvis Genbo Xu, Hans C. E. Larsson, Rui Tahara, Vimal B. Maisuria, and Nathalie Tufenkji* “Plastic Teabags Release Billions of Microparticles and Nanoparticles into Tea.” ACS Publications, https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.est.9b02540.
3. Darbre, Philippa D. “Endocrine Disruptors and Obesity.” Current obesity reports vol. 6,1 (2017): 18-27. doi:10.1007/s13679-017-0240-4
4 Rakesh Kumar, Camelia Manna, Shaveta Padha, Anurag Verma, Prabhakar Sharma, Anjali Dhar, Ashok Ghosh, Prosun Bhattacharya. Micro(nano)plastics pollution and human health: How plastics can induce carcinogenesis to humans?. Chemosphere 2022, 298 , 134267. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2022.134267
5. Guoqiang Liu, Jian Wang, Mengjie Wang, Rongrong Ying, Xuwei Li, Zhewei Hu, Ya Zhang. Disposable plastic materials release microplastics and harmful substances in hot water. Science of The Total Environment 2022, 818 , 151685. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.151685
6. Xi Yang, Yu Bon Man, Ming Hung Wong, Richard Bernhart Owen, Ka Lai Chow. Environmental health impacts of microplastics exposure on structural organization levels in the human body. Science of The Total Environment 2022, 825 , 154025. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.154025
7. Huiwen Tan, Tongtao Yue, Yan Xu, Jian Zhao, Baoshan Xing. Microplastics Reduce Lipid Digestion in Simulated Human Gastrointestinal System. Environmental Science & Technology 2020, 54 (19) , 12285-12294. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.0c02608
8. Liu X, Gharasoo M, Shi Y, Sigmund G, Hüffer T, Duan L, Wang Y, Ji R, Hofmann T, Chen W. Key Physicochemical Properties Dictating Gastrointestinal Bioaccessibility of Microplastics-Associated Organic Xenobiotics: Insights from a Deep Learning Approach. Environ Sci Technol. 2020 Oct 6;54(19):12051-12062. doi: 10.1021/acs.est.0c02838. Epub 2020 Sep 25. PMID: 32931256.
Wen Zhang, Zhiqiang Dong, Ling Zhu, Yuanzhang Hou, Yuping Qiu. Direct Observation of the Release of Nanoplastics from Commercially Recycled Plastics with Correlative Raman Imaging and Scanning Electron Microscopy. ACS Nano 2020, 14 (7) , 7920-7926. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsnano.0c02878
Qun Zhang, Elvis Genbo Xu, Jiana Li, Qiqing Chen, Liping Ma, Eddy Y. Zeng, Huahong Shi. A Review of Microplastics in Table Salt, Drinking Water, and Air: Direct Human Exposure. Environmental Science & Technology 2020, 54 (7) , 3740-3751. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.9b04535