“You can make a Dessert in 5 Minutes out of Fruit; that is FUN!” is what I said to a client going to a picnic and fretting about what to bring.
Her response: Yeah, Right.
So to prove my point, I timed how long it took to make this SIMPLE, FUN, Nutritious Fruit dessert and sent her the video.
3 1/2 minutes is all it took to make a Cantaloupe Basket, Watermelon Bowl, and a Fruit Plate. 5 minutes included clean up! 😁
She gave it a go and emailed me that Monday to let me know the reaction to her FUN Fruit dessert was surprisingly so GREAT that it will be her go-to from now on:
Dessert in 5 Minutes
- 1 Watermelon
- 1 Honey Dew
- 1 Cantaloupe
- 3 Kiwi
- Cut slices from the top of your first melon. If this melon will be a basket, remember to leave a middle slice intact for the handle.
- Score the remaining flesh of fruit on the inside.
- Scoop out the seeds then score and scoop out the fruit flesh to use in the Basket, Bowl, and Plate.
- Choose your next melon and again cut the slices from the top. Be sure to leave a slice in the middle for the handle, if making a basket.
- Repeat with the 3rd melon.
- Peel and cut the kiwi into small pieces.
- Fill the Basket, Bowl, Plate with the cut pieces
- If you'd like more color: Garnish with Blueberries, Raspberries Strawberries.
Any fruits you have on hand can be mixed and matched. It's that SIMPLE.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: .05gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: .27gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 26.6gFiber: 2.82gSugar: 23gProtein: 1.96g
Resources: Nutrition of Each Fruit in the Dessert in 5 Minutes
Cronometer APP LINK To Calculate Nutrition Values It’s a fantastic APP. I use it personally to create my Seasonal Rotational Menus. Professionally with Practitioners so they can help their clients focus on their Bio-individual nutrition.
Watermelon: Mazmanyan, V. (2021, December 13). Watermelon nutrition: Glycemic index, Calories, net carbs, diets. Food Struct. Retrieved July 11, 2022, from https://foodstruct.com/food/watermelon#a_h2_3
Melons: Honey Dew and Cantelope: Mazmanyan, V. (2020, December 4). Melon Nutrition, glycemic index, Calories, Net Carbs & More. Food Struct. Retrieved July 11, 2022, from https://foodstruct.com/food/melon
Looking for another dessert that is simple yet a bit more decadent?
Try this peach/nectarine recipe! The mouth-watering, SIMPLE, sweet-tooth satisfying recipe is a favorite.
Peaches Nectarines YUMMY Dessert
Nutrition similarities and differences. Both are fantastic for the 2-ingredient decadent Summer dessert.
Feel better, Look Better, LIVE better…The Simple Self Care Lifestyle
The Simple Self Care Lifestyle
I’m glad you are here…
Things to Keep Handy
Quality Food Sources
Simple Self Care Programs